Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thinking about getting into the studio

Yes I know that I said I will be in there painting...you have to understand that there is more to it than sitting and letting it flow. I am constantly thinking about my work and I am pausing for a moment to unleash the brush with truth. There is a passage in the Bible that I read over and over. John 1 1-18 and here even God himself shares with us the beauty of this "dimentionality" that he created. Light is the ruler over darkness. Light dispells darkness. When you draw something on paper you must first shine a big powerful light on the subject then start by drawing the darkness which will reveal the light. You find your way to the light through darkness. I often meditate and hum the hymn from my childhood:

"Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee"

I imagine God "Jesus" the true Light and how when He turns there is no shadow because Light has no shadow. When Jesus sees...what does he see? I believe He does not see darkness because He being the Light dispells it. And I think and can't wait for that one day when He will put His light in me...and then I remember, Oh Yeah! He already has!

No comments:

Post a Comment